Notes from the Green Party Candidate for South Norfolk, for General Election 2015. Longer reflections and discussions on issues relating to policy, the good life, justice, equality, anti-austerity economics and the future of the planet. This is also a forum for exchanging ideas on how to tread lightly on the planet and avoid supporting exploitation and corrupt practices. Here we go...
Wednesday, 7 February 2007
My guilty secrets
(1) We still do a small amount of shopping at Tescos.
(2) I rather like drinking sparkling water at breakfast and after dinner, especially when I'm in a no-coffee phase. The water comes in plastic bottles.
(3) I occasionally go somewhere by plane, even when it's possible to go there by train.
(4) I sometimes drive to Wales and back just for fun.
(5) I have a bit of penchant for lychees (I bought some yesterday).
Probably there are others. I'll let you know when I have qualms about something else.
Now the question is, shall I try to justify and rationalise these weaknesses, so as to be able to live with them? Or shall I "offset them"? Or shall I try to get rid of them?